- Ninth Circuit’s Infighting — See Alsoby Kathryn Rubino on December 3, 2021 at 1:15 am
Ninth Circuit Judges Get Into It: It’s like a food fight, but with words. It’s *Slightly* Easier — Or At Least Quicker — To Make Equity Partner: At Kirkland. Federal Judge Lashes Out At Biglaw […]
- Thanks To Our Wonderful Advertisersby Above the Law on December 3, 2021 at 1:00 am
We appreciate your partnership. The post Thanks To Our Wonderful Advertisers appeared first on Above the Law.
- University, Hospital Settle Gynecologist Sexual Assault Claimsby Sara E. Teller on December 3, 2021 at 12:45 am
OBGYN is accused of nearly 80 sexual assaults; institutions settle with victims.
- Sometimes Bonus News Isn’t A Good Thingby Kathryn Rubino on December 3, 2021 at 12:30 am
Bonus landscape was different in 2010. The post Sometimes Bonus News Isn’t A Good Thing appeared first on Above the Law.
- Party Buses Take A Hit In Tennesseeby Chris Williams on December 3, 2021 at 12:01 am
The wheels on the bus go ‘Hey man, no forreal, I really love you man. You’re a good bro. Pass the Fireball.’ all through the town. The post Party Buses Take A Hit In Tennessee appeared first on […]
- Lathrop GPM Welcomes Two Attorneys in Denverby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 11:44 pm
DENVER, CO—Lathrop GPM announced today the addition of two Trusts & Estates attorneys, Tom Rodriguez and Casey Breese, along with paralegal, Kathleen Dunlap, in the firm’s Denver office, […]
- Steptoe Welcomes Two New Hires in Attorney Developmentby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 11:42 pm
Steptoe continues to expand its legal talent team, reflecting its increased emphasis on holistic attorney development. Khara Kelsch will serve as Manager of Coaching and Career Development, focusing […]
- King & Spalding Promotes 32 New Partnersby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 11:39 pm
NEW YORK, N.Y.—King & Spalding announced today that it has named 32 new partners. The partner elections span 13 locations (Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Dubai, Houston, Los Angeles, New […]
- Stites & Harbison Welcomes John Teresinskiby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 11:33 pm
ALEXANDRIA, VA—Stites & Harbison, PLLC welcomes attorney John P. Teresinski to the Alexandria, Va., office as a Member (Partner) with the firm. Teresinski is a patent attorney in the firm’s […]
- Juliana K. Lauria joins Burch & Cracchiolo as Associateby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 11:30 pm
PHOENIX, AZ—The law firm of Burch & Cracchiolo, P.A., is pleased to announce Juliana “Julie” K. Lauria has joined the Firm as an associate. Lauria is a recent Arizona State University […]
- Hello Divorce, Hello PreNup, Hello New Trademark Infringement Issues?by Carolyn Elefant on December 2, 2021 at 11:29 pm
Is there a likelihood of confusion here? The post Hello Divorce, Hello PreNup, Hello New Trademark Infringement Issues? appeared first on Above the Law.
- Post-Thanksgiving Indigestion?by Jill Switzer on December 2, 2021 at 11:02 pm
Can Biglaw sustain its bigness? The post Post-Thanksgiving Indigestion? appeared first on Above the Law.
- Biglaw Firm Spreads A Little Love — By That We Mean Money — This Bonus Seasonby Kathryn Rubino on December 2, 2021 at 10:32 pm
Top 10 Biglaw firm hands out bonuses. The post Biglaw Firm Spreads A Little Love — By That We Mean Money — This Bonus Season appeared first on Above the Law.
- Consider The Three S’sby Meyling "Mey" Ly Ortiz on December 2, 2021 at 10:31 pm
As the year comes to an end, it is a natural time for some pause and reflection. The post Consider The Three S’s appeared first on Above the Law.
- Justices mull availability of emotional distress damages in anti-discrimination casesby Rachel Bayefsky on December 2, 2021 at 10:17 pm
The Supreme Court heard oral argument Tuesday in, Cummings v. Premier Rehab Keller, P.L.L.C., a case on whether emotional distress damages are available in certain anti-discrimination suits against […]
- The Bar Exam Is A Barrier To Access For Legal Services And Access To Justice For Manyby Joseline Jean-Louis Hardrick on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The largest barrier by far to innovation in this area is the resistance from lawyers. The post The Bar Exam Is A Barrier To Access For Legal Services And Access To Justice For Many appeared first on […]
- Can This Biglaw Firm Transform Corporate Culture In America?by Staci Zaretsky on December 2, 2021 at 9:30 pm
With Eric Holder on the case, this Biglaw firm is doing work that is ‘societally beneficial.’ The post Can This Biglaw Firm Transform Corporate Culture In America? appeared first on Above the Law.
- Free Open Lecture: To Infinity and Beyond – Space Law 101by Jay W. Belle Isle on December 2, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Space law governs space explorations, environmental preservation, information sharing, high technologies, and ethics.
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights Required Implementation of Sexual Harassment Policies as Part…by Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 8:23 pm
Sexual harassment claims cannot be made if the sexual behavior was welcomed, or occurred with mutual consent.
- Who Receives Protection from Sexual Harassment Laws in Detroit?by Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
It is possible that both the victim of workplace harassment and their harasser can be of the same gender.
- What Can Employers in Lake Charles Do to Avoid Liability for Sexual Harassment?by Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 7:41 pm
The workplace should develop a formal, written sexual harassment policy that is available to all workers and displayed in the workplace.
- What Steps are Required to File a Valid Workers Compensation Claim in Annapolis?by Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 7:23 pm
For the workers compensation claim to be approved, a doctor will have to view the patient and confirm that they have suffered from a legitimate injury that affects their ability to work as normal.
- Viral post by once-rejected Perkins Coie partner leads to legal mentor nonprofit orgon December 2, 2021 at 7:18 pm
- Pennsylvania Rocked by Multiple Semi-Truck Incidentsby Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 7:01 pm
Within the space of one week, Pennsylvania has seen two more stunning truck accidents. The first occurred when a semi-truck carrying a shipment of frozen turkeys overturned in Lancaster County.
- Who is Eligible for Parole in Alabama?by Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 6:39 pm
It becomes more difficult to pursue parole if you have been convicted of Class A felonies.
- Maryland Truck Accident Attorneys are Instrumental in Comprehensive Damage Recoveryby Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 6:32 pm
Economic and non-economic losses, such as lost wages, medical bills, legal fees, property replacement and pain and suffering are addressed in loss valuations with punitive damages in some cases.
- Doug Fletcher Elected to the FDCCby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 6:32 pm
AUSTIN, TX—Founding partner Doug Fletcher has been appointed to the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC). The FDCC is composed of recognized leaders in the legal community who have […]
- Find a Personal Injury Lawyer in Tampa, Floridaby Peter Charles on December 2, 2021 at 6:24 pm
Time is of the essence in such cases, because you need to establish that yours is a negligence case if you want to receive fair compensation for your suffering.
- New prosecutors reopen investigations into deadly police shootingson December 2, 2021 at 5:55 pm
- Fletcher Farley Welcomes Iris Harrisby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 5:52 pm
DALLAS, TX—Fletcher Farley hired Iris Harris in the firm’s Dallas office and is a member of the firm’s appellate practice group. Before joining the firm, Iris had the privilege of serving as […]
- Why haven’t I received my latest issue of the ABA Journal yet?on December 2, 2021 at 5:16 pm
- Judicial nominee apologizes for tone of social media posts; conservative group buys ads to oppose…on December 2, 2021 at 4:59 pm
- A higher percentage of law grads are getting hired by larger firmson December 2, 2021 at 3:43 pm
- 2 law firms announce merger that will bring them into the Am Law 100on December 2, 2021 at 3:18 pm
- ¡Vamos! Mexican Supreme Court Unanimously Clears the Path for Hempby Adrián Cisneros Aguilar on December 2, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Yesterday, the Mexican Supreme Court ruled several provisions unconstitutional in the General Health Law and the Federal Criminal Code, because they prohibit cultivation of ≤1% THC cannabis for […]
- The morning read for Thursday, Dec. 2by James Romoser on December 2, 2021 at 2:34 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. To suggest a piece for us to consider, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. […]
- No new relists, but one likely grant in an international child custody caseby John Elwood on December 2, 2021 at 2:04 pm
The Relist Watch column examines cert petitions that the Supreme Court has “relisted” for its upcoming conference. A short explanation of relists is available here. A lot happened on the relist […]
- An Economic Journeyby Julia R. Norgaard on December 2, 2021 at 11:00 am
Universal Economics reads like a cross between a classical economics textbook and a Malcolm Gladwell book.
- The Market Does What a Climate Summit Can’tby Josiah Neeley on December 2, 2021 at 11:00 am
Activists’ obsession with government policies and international agreements distracts from a market-driven trend toward lower emissions.
- How to Contend With Difficult & Demanding Clients Who Undermine Their Lawyer’s Best Efforts &…by Mark S. Silver on December 2, 2021 at 12:22 am
Lawyers in their professional capacity interact with a variety of clients for a variety of issues. It is not unusual for lawyers in both private practice and the public sector to encounter clients […]
- “Feelings run high”: Two hours of tense debate on an issue that divides the court and the…by Mark Walsh on December 2, 2021 at 12:22 am
A View from the Courtroom is an inside look at significant oral arguments and opinion announcements unfolding in real time. Outside the Supreme Court building, crowds of demonstrators have […]
- Josef B. Hess: A Focus on Resultsby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 2, 2021 at 12:07 am
Attorney at Law Magazine sat down with Josef B. Hess of Baumann, Gant & Keeley, P.A.in Jacksonville to discuss his legal practice and his plans for his future. AALM: Tell us about your […]
- Rallies, speeches, signs, and prayers as activists converge outside the courthouseby Katie Barlow on December 1, 2021 at 11:35 pm
Hundreds of demonstrators packed the plaza in front of the Supreme Court on Wednesday morning to exercise their First Amendment rights over another constitutional guarantee — the right to have an […]
- Real Estate Finance Attorney Thomas L. Patalano Joins Polsinelliby Attorney at Law Magazine on December 1, 2021 at 11:01 pm
NEW YORK CITY, NY—Am Law 100 firm Polsinelli is pleased to announce that Real Estate Finance attorney Thomas L. Patalano has joined the firm’s New York City office as a shareholder. The addition […]
- Judge is kicked off foreclosure case that morphed into ‘ever-escalating battle’on December 1, 2021 at 10:20 pm
- Supreme Court appears ready to uphold ban on abortions after 15 weekson December 1, 2021 at 8:52 pm
- Majority of court appears poised to roll back abortion rightsby Amy Howe on December 1, 2021 at 6:04 pm
This article was updated on Dec. 1 at 5:15 p.m. It has been nearly 30 years since the Supreme Court’s decision in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, which reaffirmed the constitutional right to abortion […]
- Why is BigLaw delaying bonus announcements?on December 1, 2021 at 5:39 pm
- Former homicide prosecutor is charged with subpoenaing phone records to stalk womenon December 1, 2021 at 5:20 pm
- Google violated its ‘don’t be evil’ code when it fired 3 outspoken employees abiding by…on December 1, 2021 at 4:03 pm