- In New Mexico prison killing, a lingering question over jurisdictionby Kalvis Golde on March 25, 2023 at 4:28 pm
The Petitions of the Week column highlights a selection of cert petitions recently filed in the Supreme Court. A list of all petitions we’re watching is available here. Five years ago, the Supreme […]
- Singer Bad Bunny’s Ex-Girlfriend Files $40m Lawsuitby Ryan J. Farrick on March 25, 2023 at 4:23 am
Bad Bunny’s ex-girlfriend, Carliz de la Cruz Hernandez, is seeking $40 million in damages for “inventing” and recording the phrase “Bad Bunny, baby,” which the rapper used in several songs without […]
- Florida Families Challenge State Laws Against Gender-Affirming Careby Ryan J. Farrick on March 25, 2023 at 4:21 am
The four families claim that a state law prohibiting gender-affirming care could impact their children’s physical health and mental well-being.
- Michigan Town’s First Female Police Officer Files Sexual Harassment Lawsuitby Ryan J. Farrick on March 25, 2023 at 4:06 am
The Iron Mountain officer claims that she was sexually assaulted and regularly harassed by her male colleagues.
- Sherin and Lodgen Welcomes Back Civil Litigator Scott McConchieby Attorney at Law Magazine on March 24, 2023 at 10:00 pm
Boston, MA—Boston law firm Sherin and Lodgen LLP is pleased to announce the addition of Scott McConchie as a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department. A civil litigator with extensive […]
- Quarles & Brady Adds Chelsea Hunter in Naplesby Attorney at Law Magazine on March 24, 2023 at 9:56 pm
NAPLES, FL—The national law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP announced that Chelsea Hunter has joined the firm as an associate in the Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation practice. Based in the […]
- A tale of three districtsby Gabriel Chin on March 24, 2023 at 9:37 pm
It might be fairly said that in recent decades venue in criminal cases has not been the hottest topic on the court’s docket. Nevertheless, as the briefs in Smith v. United States emphasize, the […]
- Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions Discusses New Law Firm Rate Findings on Legal Speak Podcastby Jay W. Belle Isle on March 24, 2023 at 6:46 pm
ELM Solutions’ Nathan Cemenska shares data and insights from the company’s most recent LegalVIEW Insights report.
- Greenberg Traurig’s Joshua I. Rudawitz Presented at BBA Annual IP Year in Reviewby Attorney at Law Magazine on March 24, 2023 at 6:42 pm
BOSTON, MA—Joshua I. Rudawitz, Intellectual Property (IP) & Technology associate in global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP’s Boston office, presented at the Boston Bar Association (BBA)’s […]
- What Do You Need to Do When You Are Arrested for Driving Under the Influence?by Sujain Thomas on March 24, 2023 at 6:39 pm
The penalties for your DUI arrest will depend on many factors such as your criminal history.
- Rebecca L. Palmer Law Group Partners with Women’s Council of Realtors Floridaby Attorney at Law Magazine on March 24, 2023 at 6:38 pm
ORLANDO, FL—Rebecca L. Palmer Law Group is pleased to announce it has partnered with the Women’s Council of Realtors Florida, Premier Home Funding, and Serving Out of Love to create and […]
- How Eyewitness Testimonies Can Help Your Car Accident Claimby Sujain Thomas on March 24, 2023 at 6:35 pm
Probable witnesses include drivers and passengers of other vehicles on the road when the accident took place.
- Does the federal law that prohibits encouraging or inducing unlawful immigration violate the First…by Amanda Shanor on March 24, 2023 at 5:20 pm
For four years, Helaman Hansen falsely promised undocumented immigrants that they could, for a substantial fee, become U.S. citizens through “adult adoption.” Although Hansen persuaded more than […]
- ChatGPT-4 Revolutionizing Legal Assistance, But Not Replacing Lawyersby Ty McDuffey on March 24, 2023 at 2:52 pm
ChatGPT-4 has been making headlines in recent days as the newest breakthrough innovation in artificial intelligence (AI). This latest iteration of OpenAI’s language model has showcased its […]
- Florida Tries Againby Fred Rocafort on March 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Florida voters may have the opportunity to legalize adult-use cannabis during the next general elections. First, though, the Florida Supreme Court must okay the language on the ballot initiative, in […]
- The morning read for Friday, March 24by SCOTUSblog on March 24, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Friday morning read: The Secret Joke at the Heart of the […]
- Albuterol is in Short Supply Due to Akorn’s Closureby Sara E. Teller on March 24, 2023 at 1:27 pm
Asthma, ADHD, and flu medications are all in short supply, experts warn.
- Ozempic Could be Making EDs Worse, Experts Warnby Sara E. Teller on March 24, 2023 at 12:58 pm
Psychiatrists are concerned that the popularity of a diabetes drugs will lead to poor body image, eating disorders.
- Reclaiming the Culture through Filmby Michael Pack on March 24, 2023 at 10:00 am
The culture wars are winnable if we take them seriously, starting by producing independent and documentary films.
- A “Religion of No Efficacy”by John G. Grove on March 24, 2023 at 10:00 am
Not only does a politicized religion fail to carry with it the virtues of the genuine article, it actively encourages the opposite vices.
- Black Workers Sue South Carolina Barbecue Chain for Racial Harassmentby Ryan J. Farrick on March 24, 2023 at 4:36 am
The lawsuit alleges that managers at Maurice’s Piggie Park, a South Carolina-based business once known for its support of segregation, sexually harassed and discriminated against Black employees.
- Arizona Supreme Court Dismisses Kari Lake Election Lawsuitby Ryan J. Farrick on March 24, 2023 at 4:36 am
The Supreme Court found most of Lake’s claims frivolous and legally untenable.
- Texas Rising Stars Honors Five from Orsinger, Nelson, Downing & Andersonby Attorney at Law Magazine on March 23, 2023 at 11:02 pm
DALLAS, TX—Five attorneys with Orsinger, Nelson, Downing & Anderson, LLP, have been recognized as rising stars in family law and named by Texas Super Lawyers among the state’s top young […]
- Buchalter Adds Two Shareholders to Growing Denver Officeby Attorney at Law Magazine on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 pm
DENVER, CO—After the opening of its 11th office in Denver of November of last year, Buchalter continues its expansion in Colorado with the addition of two Shareholders – Betty Arkell joins the […]
- Passenger Injuries on Cruise Ships Out of South Floridaby Charles Lipcon on March 23, 2023 at 9:03 pm
There are more than 20 cruise lines that berth ships in Port Miami and Port Everglades, and millions of passengers embark on cruises from Miami and Fort Lauderdale throughout each year. Sadly, […]
- Crimes & Sexual Assaults on Cruise Ships Out of Houstonby Michael Winkleman on March 23, 2023 at 8:34 pm
No one embarks on a cruise planning to be the victim of a sexual assault or other crime, but the unfortunate reality is that it happens. If you’ve been the victim of a crime or sexual assault while […]
- Justices appear sympathetic to Jack Daniel’s in trademark parody disputeby Ronald Mann on March 23, 2023 at 8:27 pm
As expected, Wednesday’s argument in Jack Daniel’s Properties v VIP Products showcased the justices grappling with line-drawing. At issue in the case was how First Amendment trademark principles […]
- How to Select a Digital Marketing Campaign for Your Law Firmby Nancy Rapp on March 23, 2023 at 7:43 pm
In my conversations with attorneys, I often have to break down the different marketing opportunities available to them and the impact they make. Not every approach works for all law firms, and, […]
- Bradley’s Marc James Ayers and Michael J. Bentley Elected Fellows of the American Academy of…by Attorney at Law Magazine on March 23, 2023 at 6:58 pm
BIRMINGHAM, AL—Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP is pleased to announce that Marc James Ayers and Michael J. Bentley have been elected Fellows of the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers (AAAL) and […]
- Court to decide how specific a patent disclosure must beby Eric M. Fraser on March 23, 2023 at 6:41 pm
Two pharmaceutical giants head to the Supreme Court on Monday in a dispute over a patent covering cholesterol-lowering antibodies. In Amgen Inc. v. Sanofi, the justices will consider whether […]
- Congressional oversight of the Trump International Hotel, civil rights “testers,” and the death…by John Elwood on March 23, 2023 at 2:01 pm
The Relist Watch column examines cert petitions that the Supreme Court has “relisted” for its upcoming conference. A short explanation of relists is available here. The Supreme Court disposed of […]
- Minnesota Supreme Court Reverses Vape Liquid Convictionby Jesse Mondry on March 23, 2023 at 2:00 pm
As Minnesota approaches the legalization of marijuana, the Minnesota Supreme Court has just ruled on a case we covered in September 2021. The case involves the difference between hemp and marijuana […]
- The morning read for Thursday, March 23by SCOTUSblog on March 23, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Thursday morning read: A Chew Toy for Dogs Provokes a Spirited […]
- Architect of the New Deal’s Administrative State?by John O. McGinnis on March 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
As a professor and as a justice, Felix Frankfurter combined judicial restraint with lifelong activism in the political process.
- Why Political Science is Boringby Lee Trepanier on March 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
Private philanthropic foundations like Ford and Rockefeller played an instrumental role in changing the practice and values of political science.
- Justices debate propriety of litigation in trial courts while defendants are on appeal seeking…by Ronald Mann on March 22, 2023 at 7:59 pm
If anything is clear after Tuesday’s argument in Coinbase v. Bielski, it is that the justices are not going to agree on the answer. The case asks what a trial court should do if it denies a […]
- New York Cannabis: Potential Tax Changesby Simon Malinowski on March 22, 2023 at 2:00 pm
As New York moves steadily closer to a fully rolled out adult-use cannabis industry, two New York state legislators recently proposed legislation that would significantly simplify the tax structure […]
- Trump motion seeks to block evidence from Georgia special purpose grand jury, disqualify district…on March 22, 2023 at 1:37 pm
- How Casetext utilized the latest GPT technology to create an AI legal assistanton March 22, 2023 at 1:35 pm
- The morning read for Wednesday, March 22by SCOTUSblog on March 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Wednesday morning read: Supreme Court rules for deaf student […]
- Can State Sovereignty Be Bought?by Jack Fitzhenry on March 22, 2023 at 10:00 am
In West Virginia v. US Department of the Treasury, the Eleventh Circuit ruled against the American Rescue Plan Act in favor of state sovereignty.
- Medicine and the Moral Imaginationby James W. Lynch on March 22, 2023 at 10:00 am
Medical students, like all humans, are meaning-seeking creatures. But you wouldn’t know that from medical education.
- Former BigLaw attorney gets 1-year suspension for trading on information learned as conflicts…on March 21, 2023 at 7:47 pm
- Suit by Fox News producer alleges BigLaw lawyers and others pressured her to give evasive testimonyon March 21, 2023 at 5:32 pm
- Preventive Law: Helping your clients before push comes to shoveon March 21, 2023 at 3:14 pm
- Georgia lawyer who bragged of shutting down ‘stolen election shenanigans’ is found guilty in…on March 21, 2023 at 2:21 pm
- FREE WEBINAR: IRS Enforcement of Cannabis Operators is Here – What Do We Do Now?by Canna Law Blog on March 21, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Register HERE to attend a free panel of experts directing cannabis operators on how to best combat the forces of recent movements from the IRS. IRS enforcement is increasing and cannabis businesses […]
- Former BigLaw attorney pleads guilty to stealing from estateon March 21, 2023 at 1:33 pm
- An Insider Deconstructs ESGby Samuel Gregg on March 21, 2023 at 10:00 am
An asset manager considers the real consequences of socially conscious investing.
- The Failures of Lean-In Feminismby Elizabeth Grace Matthew on March 21, 2023 at 10:00 am
The kind of feminism championed by Sheryl Sandberg doesn’t particularly value the choices women make for themselves when they are genuinely empowered.