- Florida man subject to lifetime sex-offender registration requirements argues that he is “in…by Kalvis Golde on September 21, 2023 at 10:20 pm
The Petitions of the Week column highlights a selection of cert petitions recently filed in the Supreme Court. A list of all petitions we’re watching is available here. A person held in state […]
- $27M Settlement Obtained for Family of 13-Year-Old Killed at Landmark Middle School; Largest School…by Jay W. Belle Isle on September 21, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Moreno Valley Unified settled the case for $27M on the four-year anniversary of Diego Stolz’s death as a result of bullying.
- Shumaker Lawyer Poised to Drive Community Advancement; W. Stafford Shaddy to Participate in Engage…by Jay W. Belle Isle on September 21, 2023 at 8:18 pm
Participants in the program will have the opportunity to broaden their working knowledge and understanding of the community.
- Kathryn F. Young Named to Leadership Toledo Class of 2024by Jay W. Belle Isle on September 21, 2023 at 8:12 pm
As a participant in Leadership Toledo’s intensive program, Kathryn will engage in a series of transformative experiences designed to refine her leadership abilities and enhance her understanding of […]
- Legal Matters Demystified: Navigating Key Legal Considerationsby Sujain Thomas on September 21, 2023 at 8:06 pm
Understanding vital legal considerations empowers you to make informed decisions, protect your rights, and confidently navigate complex situations.
- Counsel of Compassion: Navigating Legal Challenges with Expert Injury Lawyersby Sujain Thomas on September 21, 2023 at 8:01 pm
Injury lawyers are pivotal in helping individuals navigate legal challenges following accidents and injuries.
- Bankruptcies are On the Rise and What This Means for Transactional Attorneysby Elina Balagula on September 21, 2023 at 7:57 pm
Under the Bankruptcy Code, for a secured lienholder to have a priority to the debtor’s assets, it must be perfected under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Ken Burgess Appointed to the North Carolina State Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administratorsby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 21, 2023 at 7:38 pm
RALEIGH, NC—Governor Roy Cooper of North Carolina has appointed Ken Burgess of the national law firm Baker Donelson to the North Carolina State Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators […]
- Jordan P. Bowne Joins Casner & Edwards’ Highly Regarded Trusts & Estates Practiceby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 21, 2023 at 6:03 pm
BOSTON, MA—Casner & Edwards announces that Jordan P. Bowne has joined the firm as an associate in the firm’s Trusts & Estates Group. Bowne’s practice encompasses all areas of trusts and […]
- Casner & Edwards Continues to Grow; Adds Associate John P. Liberty to Firm’s Litigation Practiceby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 21, 2023 at 6:01 pm
BOSTON, MA—Casner & Edwards announces that John P. Liberty has joined the firm as an associate in the firm’s Litigation Group. Liberty represents individuals and businesses in all aspects of […]
- Norris McLaughlin, P.A. Adds Environmental Attorney James Creechby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 21, 2023 at 5:57 pm
BRIDGEWATER, NJ—The law firm of Norris McLaughlin, P.A. is pleased to announce James “Jim” J. Creech has joined as an associate in the firm’s Bridgewater, New Jersey office as a member of the […]
- Jodie M. Keenan Joins Casner & Edwards’ Highly Respected Family Law Practiceby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 21, 2023 at 5:55 pm
BOSTON, MA—Casner & Edwards announces that Jodie M. Keenan has joined the firm as an associate in the firm’s Family Law Group. Keenan focuses her practice on complex divorces and other […]
- The morning read for Thursday, September 21by SCOTUSblog on September 21, 2023 at 5:27 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Thursday morning read: Supreme Court can let West Point keep […]
- Lawyer’s ‘dogged efforts’ led to scientific discovery that could help with chronic fatigueon September 21, 2023 at 4:03 pm
- Baker Donelson Adds Experienced Litigator and Public Policy Professional Coleman D. Ridley Jr.by Attorney at Law Magazine on September 21, 2023 at 3:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS, LA—Coleman D. Ridley Jr. has joined Baker Donelson as of counsel in the Firm’s New Orleans office, bringing with him more than 20 years of experience serving as counsel to clients in […]
- David Boies’ high hourly fees pale in comparison to request by lawyers suing Teslaon September 21, 2023 at 2:42 pm
- New York Cannabis: A Plea to the Office of Cannabis Managementby Simon Malinowski on September 21, 2023 at 2:00 pm
It has now been over one week since New York’s Cannabis Control Board (CCB) and Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) announced that the general adult-use cannabis license application portal will […]
- Political Catholicism Reborn?on September 21, 2023 at 1:53 pm
A Law & Liberty symposium on Kevin Vallier’s All The Kingdoms of the World.
- New law school targeting part-time students planned for Charlotte, North Carolinaon September 21, 2023 at 1:53 pm
- Fruit, Vegetable ‘Prescriptions’ are Being Added to Treatment Plansby Sara E. Teller on September 21, 2023 at 10:38 am
Healthier diet habits can promote optimal heart health, study finds.
- UMKC School of Medicine Addresses Rural Healthcare Shortagesby Sara E. Teller on September 21, 2023 at 10:25 am
University steps in to help with significant shortages in non-urban areas.
- Political Catholicism Reborn?by Law & Liberty Editors on September 21, 2023 at 10:01 am
A Law & Liberty symposium on Kevin Vallier’s All The Kingdoms of the World.
- The Utopian Philosophy of the Confessional Stateby James Dominic Rooney on September 21, 2023 at 10:00 am
Integralism is unjust, but it captures some important truths.
- Why Integralism Failedby Thomas D. Howes on September 21, 2023 at 10:00 am
Some popes probably did affirm integralism, but it is not obviously the political theory most in line with the Catholic tradition.
- An Unserious Catholic Politicsby Kai Weiss on September 21, 2023 at 10:00 am
What is the proper relationship between the Kingdom of God and the kingdoms of men?
- Keep the Washington Consensusby James Herndon on September 21, 2023 at 9:59 am
Balanced budgets and free trade really do help nations to prosper.
- Dykema’s Washington, D.C., Office Adds IP Attorney Karen R. Poppelby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 20, 2023 at 7:46 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. – September 20, 2023 – Dykema, a leading national law firm, today announced the addition of Karen R. Poppel as a Senior Counsel in its Intellectual Property Department resident […]
- Bradley’s Rodrigo Martinez Cabello Selected as Fellow of Houston Young Lawyers Association…by Attorney at Law Magazine on September 20, 2023 at 7:44 pm
HOUSTON, TX—Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP is pleased to announce that Rodrigo Martinez Cabello has been selected as a Fellow of the 2023-2024 Houston Young Lawyers Association’s (HYLA) […]
- Bradley Welcomes Former Federal Prosecutor Stephen K. Moultonby Attorney at Law Magazine on September 20, 2023 at 7:40 pm
DALLAS, TX—To help serve clients in complex criminal investigations, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP has added former Assistant United States Attorney Stephen K. Moulton as a senior attorney in […]
- Common Workers’ Compensation Claim Defensesby Pat Lee on September 20, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Challenging any of these defenses by an employer will likely require expert legal help.
- 7 Different Types of Lawyers You Should Know Aboutby Pat Lee on September 20, 2023 at 6:49 pm
A good lawyer will help you get through a tough spot and will usually be an excellent beacon of the justice promised to every citizen.
- In Defense of Booksby Christopher Ingle on September 20, 2023 at 6:20 pm
A few years ago, I met with my law firm’s manager to discuss research products and services. I asked if we had hard copies of the state and federal civil rules handbooks. “No, we do not.” Next, […]
- Federal appeals judge, 96, suspended after refusing to cooperate in mental fitness probeon September 20, 2023 at 5:47 pm
- Law prof parents of FTX founder used influence to enrich themselves, suit allegeson September 20, 2023 at 4:13 pm
- ‘Precruiting’ and ‘exploding offers’ create stress for law students seeking summer…on September 20, 2023 at 2:28 pm
- Oregon Cannabis PSA: A Little Grace on Retailer Tax Compliance Requirementsby Vince Sliwoski on September 20, 2023 at 2:00 pm
It’s been a minute since we wrote about the new OLCC tax compliance rules for retailers. These temporary rules require all retailers to certify tax compliance via the Oregon Department of Revenue […]
- The morning read for Wednesday, September 20by SCOTUSblog on September 20, 2023 at 12:14 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Wednesday morning read: The Supreme Court banned affirmative […]
- Shouting Your Pronouns in a Crowded Theaterby Dave Barfield on September 20, 2023 at 10:00 am
The work of J. L. Austin helps illuminate the problem with choosing our own pronouns.
- Algorithmic Fortune-Tellingby Paul Dicken on September 20, 2023 at 10:00 am
What will be the social and political consequences of living in the world of algorithms and AI?
- A New Day for Legal Education?by Julia D. Mahoney on September 20, 2023 at 9:59 am
When it comes to the future of legal education, Steven D. Smith has more reason for optimism than he lets on.
- Alabama voters tell justices to stay out of election map disputeby Amy Howe on September 20, 2023 at 2:14 am
Lawyers for Alabama voters urged the justices to stay out of a dispute over the state’s congressional map. Eight days after the state asked the Supreme Court to temporarily block lower-court […]
- Lawyer suspended for trying to attend 2 online CLE programs at onceon September 19, 2023 at 8:27 pm
- Covington settles SEC suit demanding names of clients affected by data breachon September 19, 2023 at 3:01 pm
- FREE Webinar This Thursday, September 21st: Cannabis Trademarks and Litigationby Canna Law Blog on September 19, 2023 at 2:00 pm
As the U.S. cannabis industry expands, high-profile lawsuits involving cannabis brands and the use of cannabis trademarks “inspired” by well-known companies have emerged. One recent example is […]
- Failure to euthanize suffering dog isn’t animal cruelty, appeals court ruleson September 19, 2023 at 1:57 pm
- The morning read for Tuesday, September 19by SCOTUSblog on September 19, 2023 at 1:49 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Tuesday morning read: A Supreme Court redistricting ruling […]
- Two Roads to Wokeby Eric Kaufmann on September 19, 2023 at 10:01 am
How exactly did woke become the established religion of the American left?
- Lessons from the Ayatollahby Max J. Prowant on September 19, 2023 at 10:00 am
When a special class of moral guardians is permitted to be above the rule of law, there is no check on their own corruptibility.
- 10th Circuit upholds ban on firearms for felon convicted of check fraudon September 18, 2023 at 8:50 pm
- ‘I feel proud of myself that I stood up,’ law prof says after $750K bias settlement is approvedon September 18, 2023 at 7:58 pm