- Four Turner Padget Attorneys in 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers: Women in Lawby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 8:40 pm
CHARLESTON, SC—Turner Padget is pleased to announce that Catherine Kennedy, Kristen Nichols, Hannah Stetson and Nickisha Woodward have been included in the 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers® “Women […]
- Weil Partner Vynessa Nemunaitis Named Dallas Business Journal “40 Under 40” Honoreeby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 8:37 pm
DALLAS, TX—International law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP announced today that Vynessa Nemunaitis, a Dallas-based partner and member of the Firm’s Banking & Finance practice, has been […]
- Bell Nunnally’s Corporate/M&A and Labor & Employment Practices Earn Chambers 2023 Rankingsby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 8:36 pm
DALLAS, TX—Chambers and Partners has recognized three Bell Nunnally practice areas and two partners in its 2023 Chambers USA guide. Bell Nunnally is ranked in Corporate/M&A, Labor & […]
- Burch & Cracchiolo, P.A. Ranked as a 2023 Leading Law Firm By Chambers USAby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 8:33 pm
PHOENIX, AZ—Burch & Cracchiolo, P.A. has been ranked in Band 1 as a leading law firm in land use & zoning in Arizona in the newly published Chambers USA 2023-America’s Leading Lawyers in […]
- LexCheck Appoints Vice President of Product and Unveils New Contract Playbooksby Jay W. Belle Isle on June 2, 2023 at 6:47 pm
Vishal Singhania’s leadership and the latest innovations in contract acceleration reinforce LexCheck’s commitment to helping businesses grow faster.
- Attorney General Wilson Leads Opposition to Biden Administration’s Right Whale Fiascoby Jay W. Belle Isle on June 2, 2023 at 6:40 pm
The boating and fishing industry has a $5.1 billion impact on South Carolina and supports 23,000 jobs.
- 4 Tips for Protecting Yourself from the Law After a Car Accidentby Colton Cowie on June 2, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Today’s simple accident strategies may provide the optimal solution to help.
- The Urgency of Filing Personal Injury Suits in Hit and Run Casesby Sujain Thomas on June 2, 2023 at 6:29 pm
Taking action without delay ensures that justice is pursued vigorously and that victims can begin the process of healing and recovery.
- Evisort Announces a New Integration with ServiceNow Legal Service Delivery to Streamline Contract…by Jay W. Belle Isle on June 2, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Combined capabilities will drive enterprise-wide business workflows with AI-powered connected contract data and negotiation.
- What Are Some Common Issues That May Allow Probate to Be Bypassed in Tennessee?by Peter Charles on June 2, 2023 at 6:07 pm
If a decedent individually owned one or more vehicles at their death, probate is not required to transfer the title if there are no known creditors and all heirs-at-law sign off on the transfer.
- What Happens to Inherited Assets if Someone Dies Without a Will in Michigan?by Peter Charles on June 2, 2023 at 6:02 pm
In Michigan, spouses are not automatically entitled to their deceased spouse’s estate if they die without a will.
- What Is the Difference Between Non-Probate and Probate Assets in El Paso, Texas?by Peter Charles on June 2, 2023 at 5:57 pm
A last will and testament can only direct estate owned assets and property.
- Buchalter Adds New Shareholder in Denverby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 5:54 pm
CHICAGO, IL—After the opening of its Denver office last year, Buchalter continues its expansion in Colorado with the addition of new Shareholder Jon Olafson. Olafson will Chair the Firm’s new […]
- Texas Estate Planning Lawyers Draft Documents That Are Not Easily Contestedby Peter Charles on June 2, 2023 at 5:51 pm
Estate planning is especially important regardless of age, wealth, or life circumstances or related variables.
- Ohio Identifies Reasons for Not Recognizing Holographic Willsby Peter Charles on June 2, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Consultation with a lawyer is important to understand the distinction between written wills and holographic wills.
- Connecticut Trial Firm Welcomes Attorney Jonathan Kocienda as Medical Malpractice Attorneyby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 5:27 pm
GLASTONBURY, CT—Connecticut Trial Firm, a leading personal injury law firm in Connecticut, is thrilled to announce the addition of Attorney Jonathan “Jake” Kocienda to their team. With Attorney […]
- Perkins Coie Named the #1 Best Law Firm for Women and Diversityby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 5:16 pm
CHICAGO, IL—Perkins Coie is pleased to announce that it has been ranked as the number one national law firm on Seramount’s 2023 “Best Law Firms for Women and Diversity” list. This is the 15th […]
- Baker Donelson Named Among Seramount’s 2023 “Best Law Firms for Women & Diversity”by Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 5:14 pm
MEMPHIS, TN—For the seventh consecutive year, Baker Donelson has been named to Seramount’s prestigious list of “Best Law Firms for Women & Diversity,” which honors the top 50 firms that […]
- Supreme Court rules against union over strike liabilityby Sharon Block on June 2, 2023 at 4:59 pm
In an 8-1 opinion on Thursday, the justices provided a new definition to the limits on the right to strike under federal labor law. At issue in Glacier Northwest v. International Brotherhood of […]
- Bilzin Sumberg Expands Real Estate Practice With Addition of Joseph Hernandez as Partnerby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 4:55 pm
MIAMI, FL—One of Florida’s most prolific law firms is expanding its team of attorneys amidst a wave of inbound investment and development across the state. Joseph Hernandez has joined Bilzin […]
- Claiming Deepfake Videos Is Not Enough To Throw Out Video Evidence in Courtby Jason Cheung on June 2, 2023 at 3:04 pm
Video has long been considered one of the most reliable and effective forms of evidence in the courtroom. After all, there’s nothing more impactful to a jury than being able to see the car […]
- The morning read for Friday, June 2by SCOTUSblog on June 2, 2023 at 2:16 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Friday morning read: Supreme Court Backs Employer in Suit Over […]
- Wiggin and Dana Launches Cannabis Practice Groupby Attorney at Law Magazine on June 2, 2023 at 2:04 pm
NEW HAVEN, CT—Wiggin and Dana is pleased to announce the launch of its Cannabis Practice Group, aimed at providing a robust, full-service corporate, transactional, and regulatory experience to […]
- Cannabis Contract Approval Headachesby Griffen Thorne on June 2, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Cannabis companies move a million miles an hour. Many cannabis companies don’t spend nearly enough time focusing on the “basics,” such as corporate governance and getting things in writing (for […]
- Science Between the Sacred and the Profaneby Edward Weech on June 2, 2023 at 10:00 am
The historical relationship between science and religion is not the morality play which is often depicted.
- War on Pinballby Shoshana Weissmann on June 2, 2023 at 9:59 am
Forced dialogue and a strange mocumentary structure unfortunately mar this story of the fight to overturn an arcade-game ban.
- Justices limit suits challenging misleading securities registration statementsby Ronald Mann on June 1, 2023 at 7:08 pm
As expected, Thursday’s decision in Slack Technologies v. Pirani rejected a lower-court ruling that had substantially broadened liability for publicly traded companies under Section 11 of the […]
- Supreme Court maintains focus on defendant’s subjective beliefs in False Claims Act casesby Jacob T. Elberg on June 1, 2023 at 6:56 pm
In a unanimous opinion on Thursday, the Supreme Court rejected an attempt to shift the knowledge standard in False Claims Act cases that had the potential to gut the government’s primary anti-fraud […]
- Prohibiting trademarks using other people’s names — and hypothetical jurisdictionby John Elwood on June 1, 2023 at 6:43 pm
The Relist Watch column examines cert petitions that the Supreme Court has “relisted” for its upcoming conference. A short explanation of relists is available here. This week the court will be […]
- New York Cannabis: The Provisional License and Real Estateby Simon Malinowski on June 1, 2023 at 2:00 pm
As we noted in our summary of the big Cannabis Control Board meeting on May 11, 2023, one significant revision to the New York adult-use rules and regulations was the creation of the “provisional […]
- The morning read for Thursday, June 1by SCOTUSblog on June 1, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Thursday morning read: Majority of Americans favor affirmative […]
- The Philosophy of Prideby Max Skjönsberg on June 1, 2023 at 10:00 am
Robin Douglass offers a redeeming interpretation of one of the most scandalous books of the Enlightenment: Mandeville’s Fable of the Bees.
- AI’s Future: Liberty or License?by John O. McGinnis on June 1, 2023 at 10:00 am
A federal agency for licensing AI firms would make Americans more vulnerable to the problems the technology can help us address.
- Announcement of opinions for Thursday, June 1 (complete)by SCOTUSblog on June 1, 2023 at 4:00 am
On Thursday, June 1, we live blogged as the court issued opinions in Glacier Northwest, Inc. v. Teamsters, Slack Technologies v. Pirani, and United States ex rel. Schutte v. Supervalu Inc. […]
- Court rules for Maryland prison official on procedural issueby Amy Howe on May 31, 2023 at 4:16 pm
The Supreme Court on Thursday gave a Maryland prison official another chance to defend himself against a federal civil rights claim. Last week’s unanimous ruling in Dupree v. Younger rested on […]
- The morning read for Wednesday, May 31by SCOTUSblog on May 31, 2023 at 2:32 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Wednesday morning read: US Supreme Court spurns ex-Shkreli […]
- New York Announces Cannabis Farmers’ Marketsby Matthew Schwartz on May 31, 2023 at 2:00 pm
New York’s Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) announced they plan to allow conditional cultivators and retailers to organize and sell weed at farmers’ markets this summer. Hopefully, these […]
- Free Speech and the Rights of Printersby Geoffrey Kellow on May 31, 2023 at 10:00 am
The granting of immunity to platforms for third-party content suggests a clear distinction that America’s preeminent publisher could locate with precision.
- Bright Horizons for School Choiceby Frederick M. Hess on May 31, 2023 at 10:00 am
Ten years ago, we could not have had this conversation.
- Europe’s Post-Religious Rightby Mark David Hall on May 31, 2023 at 9:59 am
Europe’s right-wing nationalists are increasingly open in their rejection of Christianity.
- California Cannabis Credit Crunchby Hilary Bricken on May 30, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The California cannabis market is truly struggling all the way around. Cannabis businesses and those who work with them closely face mounting financial pressure. Because of the credit crunch in […]
- The morning read for Tuesday, May 30by SCOTUSblog on May 30, 2023 at 1:53 pm
Each weekday, we select a short list of news articles, commentary, and other noteworthy links related to the Supreme Court. Here’s the Tuesday morning read: US supreme court end-of-term decisions […]
- Why AI Can’t Thinkby David P. Goldman on May 30, 2023 at 10:00 am
The real danger lies not in AI, but in ourselves.
- No Half-Measures on Higher-Ed Reformby Mike Gonzalez on May 30, 2023 at 9:59 am
It is both legal and legitimate for legislatures and governors to redirect state universities toward a healthy understanding of culture and American life.
- A Centrist Strategy for Higher Education Reformby James Hankins on May 30, 2023 at 9:58 am
Our efforts must focus on depoliticizing higher education.
- Memorial Dayby Canna Law Blog on May 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Today is Memorial Day in the United States. For our international readers, today is designated for remembering military personnel who died while serving in the U.S. armed forces. Here’s to a […]
- The NextGen bar exam includes an expansion of skills testing, so how will candidates study?on May 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
- On “Liberal” as a Merit Badgeby Spencer A. Klavan on May 29, 2023 at 10:00 am
The genteel politics of yesteryear fails to meet the acute challenges of our moment.
- Remembering the American Character at Warby Titus Techera on May 29, 2023 at 10:00 am
A1949 movie about the Battle of the Bulge reveals the American character that won World War II.
- ‘Seinfeld’ episode inspired new telemarketing law in New Jerseyon May 26, 2023 at 5:26 pm